Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving-Thankful Thoughts

Today on Thanksgiving, I am remembering all that I am grateful for. It's easy to make a list and say that I'm thankful, but I've been trying this year to really embrace and show how grateful I am.

I am thankful for my best friend on this journey of life, my husband. There may be times when he drives me crazy, or when I feel as though I'm not appreciated. But those times are outweighed by the love we share. I am the confidant person I am today, because of him. In the past, there have been times when I could not have carried on if he hadn't been the one to be standing by my side, holding my hand. I love his crazy sense of humor, how he can make even the mundane task entertaining. He makes me feel beautiful and when we are together I feel as though we can survive any challenge.

I am thankful for the love my mom showed me growing up. I owe my mom a great deal, and I'll never be able to show her that, but I can honor her memory by showing others the same love she showed me. One of the most memorable lessons my mom taught me was that I should always be nice and respectful to people, especially those I did not like. I try to approach everyone with that philosophy, even if they do not treat me in kind.

I am thankful for my son, my glorious, beautiful son. He has shared more joy with me in the last two years than I have experienced in the previous 20something. There are times when I want to run away and throw my own tantrum, but those are few and far between. When he laughs, he lights up my heart. And when he smiles at me and tells me that I am his sunshine I will forgive him anything.

I am thankful for my family. My sister, my nieces, my sisters-in law, my brothers-in law. I love them all. Sometimes I'm thankful the majority of them live thousands of miles away, but most of the time I'm happy they are a part of my life.

I'm thankful for my godson and the love he has in his heart. He's kind of a big deal, but he's humble and kind. He showers Tysen with attention when they are together, and Tysen loves him like a brother. They are brothers and he is our son.

I'm thankful for you, my readers. I'm humbled that you take time out of your day to sit and read the ramblings I have to offer. I know life is hectic and free time is hard to come by, thank you for spending yours with me.

I hope everyone has a safe and happy Thanksgiving.

Photobucket

3 Awesome Comments:

Nancy@ifevolutionworks.com said...

So many awesome people to be thankful for. You are very blessed. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

The Redhead Riter said...

I hope you had a lovely day. ♥

Steph @ Steph Runs On said...

Thank you, I am feeling very blessed lately. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. I hope yours were nice as well. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails