Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, January 8, 2010

The Post In Which I Whine and Complain and Stress

The funny thing about life is that it changes all the freaking time.  We can either go along with those changes willingly or get dragged along by our ankles with our heads bobbing along in the dirt.  I haven’t decided which one I’m best at.  I have decided that it cannot be avoided.

We are planning some BIG changes soon, like HUGE, life-changing changes.  It’s scary and it’s different, it’s unknown and all of that stresses me out.  We’ve decided to relocate our lives to Texas, to be closer to family and better employment opportunities for both Justin and myself.  We aren’t just moving, no, that implies we are just going around the block.  We are transporting our lives over 2000 miles to the unknown. 

We aren’t moving tomorrow, or next month, we’ve got a few months to get organized, get prepared and packed.  But there are so many unknowns to along the way that I’m feeling unsure about it all.  It’s almost too late to turn back, as did Columbus, we are burning our ships, so that we are highly motivated to succeed in this process.

So today, I am openly admitting it freaks me out a little a lot to contemplate leaving our jobs, our home, our friends, all that is safe and secure.  I’ll try not to let the freak out go on too long, that would really suck.

Photobucket

7 Awesome Comments:

Unknown said...

I cannot tell you how many times my hubby and I have talked about moving to Texas!!! It makes me think when someone posts or talks about their move to Texas, that maybe its a sign to me or something... HA! who knows. I hope it all works out for the best.. as my dad has said to me once before.. in a move... "YOU HAVE TO TAKE LEAPS OF FAITH SOMETIMES!" the pay is so much better in Texas and the cost of beautiful big homes is cheap... I say go for it, and GOOD LUCK, MAYBE, who knows, I will be joining you.....

Steph @ Steph Runs On said...

Thanks Jen, you're right about it being a leap of faith, and it will be much better for our family. I'm excited for the possibilities it brings, but I'm also a big wuss when it comes to change.

I would gladly have you join me, Texas is a happening place.

Anonymous said...

Your fear isn't for the "change" in store. That is an adventure, or the very least, a gamble. weighed against existing conditions and hopes for what could be. The wonderful thing about living is that it IS dynamic and change becomes inevitable with every issue. That's not something to be feared. Terms like "the spice of life" take on a new meaning because thats what these changes turn into with time and perspective. What and who you are, and what you value doesn't change because of geography. Each issue will remain either an obstacle or an opportunity and that will always be a choice. The real change that comes is based on the discovery of the motive for the need of change in the first place and for sure, that will always be something we can fear. Texas is a "place", but what's "happening" is the hope and potential you feel moving here can give. Embrace that, There will be struggles down here for sure, but nothing we can't get over

Lisa Anne said...

Where are you getting your ebooks for free. I'm searching everywhere. I want Weight of Silence and sony store doesn't sell it. Help a fellow ereader out lol.

Anonymous said...

I am commenting to your post in which I whine and complain and stress you out just a bit more. Although my intention is not to stress you out but to help reassure you. In the past we hadn't been close, and now due to tradgic happenings in the past we have gained the closeness we should have had. So it is with sadness and the greatest love that I have for you that I am responding (crying as I type)to this wonderful blog that you have set up so we all can be informed as to what is new and challenging in your life. I want you to know, that as much as I prefer the two hour drive to visit you on the far to few occasions that I do, I will endure long lines at the security gate and the two hour wait for an airline that I will hope is on time,and I will sit on that plane for however many hours are needed in order to come and visit you. I understand your need to relocate and your desire to start something that is different, even if it involves change that we never really had to deal with growing up. I want everything for you, Justin and my wonderful nephew that you can possibly get out of life and so fabulously deserve. So if that requires you to relocate to Texas, then I will be happy for you and miss you terribly. I love you.

Tracie said...

Change is scary for everyone. Everything will be fine in the end. Sometimes it just takes a while to get there. Keep blogging. It's a Universal Elixer, you know.

Steph @ Steph Runs On said...

Thank you, everyone, for your kind words. It means a lot, knowing someone is listening to me complain :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails