Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, September 18, 2009

Sickness and Sleep




Awww, sleep, it's a wonderful thing.  When I get enough sleep, I wake up refreshed and ready to take on the day.  There's a bounce in my step and a lightness in my heart.  When I don't get enough of this precious commodity  however, I tend to get a little crabby.  Tysen came  home from school with his first cold yesterday, and it quickly overcame him. On a normal day, Tysen is a great sleeper, goes to bed at 6:30pm and wakes up at 6:30am, it's a beautiful thing.  Last night he did not want to sleep, or couldn't sleep, and around 8:00 we moved him into our room for what I had hoped would only be a few hours.  As it turned out, he spent the night with us, though I would hardly call it sleeping.  He tossed and turned and coughed and wheezed all night long.  It was a rough night, and though he did wake up in good spirits, is staying home with daddy.

I on the other hand, did not wake up so cheerfully.  I am worn out from a night of too little sleep, and reminded of the days when Tysen was an infant and woke constantly throughout the night.  It's quite possible that  Tysen is making his case to remain an only child.

Now, on to greater things, reality TV!  I was quite disappointed in the finale of America's Got Talent.  I was a big Barbara Padilla fan.  Not only does she have some serious pipes, but she also overcame cancer and is pursuing her dream.  How can you not love that story?  Apparently some didn't, and voted Kevin Skinner, the shows winner.  I have yet to finish watching all the other fantastic reality TV my DVR has in store for me.  I am caught up on Glee, and love the campy style it has.  Hopefully this one will make it!

Perhaps too much of my time is devoted to the crazy world or reality TV, but someone has to watch!  Think of all those advertising dollars that would go to waste if I wasn't tuned in every week?

I've got a fun filled Friday all lined up, so I'd best get to it!

0 Awesome Comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails