Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Family We Create


Candy and Tysen in February 2008

Growing up, my mom had several close friends who treated me just like family.  One of the greatest women in the world, Candy, was such a friend, she was in essence a second mom to me.  Her daughter Jessica and I were quite close growing up and had quite a few happy times.  I recall many camping trips and sleep overs, birthday parties and dinners that were filled with happiness and love.  Candy has always been the type of person who embraces other people, always making room in her heart and her home for others.  I remember the very first holiday my mom, sister and I spent with Candy and her family when I was 11 or 12.  We had been planning a trip to Eastern Oregon to visit family there, but at the last minute, I no longer remember why, we were unable to make it.  Candy welcomed the three of us into her home as though she had been planning for us all along.

We spent many holidays after that with Candy and her family, often with as many as 20 other people. That's just the way Candy is, she is such a giving person, always thinking of others long before herself.  Now that my mom has passed away, Candy is the closest thing I have to a mom, and I am truly blessed that she is a part of my life.  Candy's husband Bob actually married Justin and I, fore he is also an amazing person.

Candy and Bob, are visiting us this weekend, hence the reason for my reminiscing.   We are separated by miles and miles, but I know that should I ever need them, they are just a phone call away.

Photobucket

1 Awesome Comments:

Theta Mom said...

That is such a blessing that she is in your life! :) Found you on MBC and will follow you if you follow me as well. :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails