Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, November 16, 2009

Thankful Thoughts

Thankful Thoughts

I had a physical therapy appointment today which is the inspiration behind today's thankful thought. I didn't have a copay, it wasn't ever a question about making the appointment, it was a simple decision to go because my health insurance covers it.

Today I am thankful for my health insurance. Our family is blessed to have wonderful medical coverage through both my husband's and my employers. Granted, we do pay a large monthly premium, I have never once considered it to high a price to pay for good health.

We are quite fortunate. I have never had to decide between taking Tysen to the doctor or buying groceries for a week, or wondered if there was enough money to pay for a prescription that will put an end to an infection he might have. These things have always been covered and for that I am thankful.

For many, there simply is no choice at all, between groceries and prescriptions; the decision to buy groceries has to come first for a lot of families. I know the health care debate is a heated one, and for a good reason, good health is the key to a good life.



4 Awesome Comments:

Beth said...

I am jealous of those of you who have no copays! We just got our lovely letter stating our monthly premiums will be rising as well as all of our copays. I feel like the letter was saying "don't get sick or we may bankrupt you!" And the real kicker? My husband and I both work in healthcare!

Steph @ Steph Runs On said...

Ouch! What is the point of having health insurance when the copays and premiums are so freaking high? It's just plain crazy!

Anonymous said...

Ugh. My insurance is terrible. We pay out the nose and when we finally meet our deductible, I go nuts filling prescriptions and if I even have a runny nose, I'm at the doctor lol!

Steph @ Steph Runs On said...

I would be doing the same thing!! After having to pay a crazy high deductible, you might as well get your money's worth!

Related Posts with Thumbnails