Monday, November 16, 2009

Thankful Thoughts

Thankful Thoughts

I had a physical therapy appointment today which is the inspiration behind today's thankful thought. I didn't have a copay, it wasn't ever a question about making the appointment, it was a simple decision to go because my health insurance covers it.

Today I am thankful for my health insurance. Our family is blessed to have wonderful medical coverage through both my husband's and my employers. Granted, we do pay a large monthly premium, I have never once considered it to high a price to pay for good health.

We are quite fortunate. I have never had to decide between taking Tysen to the doctor or buying groceries for a week, or wondered if there was enough money to pay for a prescription that will put an end to an infection he might have. These things have always been covered and for that I am thankful.

For many, there simply is no choice at all, between groceries and prescriptions; the decision to buy groceries has to come first for a lot of families. I know the health care debate is a heated one, and for a good reason, good health is the key to a good life.



4 Awesome Comments:

B said...

I am jealous of those of you who have no copays! We just got our lovely letter stating our monthly premiums will be rising as well as all of our copays. I feel like the letter was saying "don't get sick or we may bankrupt you!" And the real kicker? My husband and I both work in healthcare!

Steph said...

Ouch! What is the point of having health insurance when the copays and premiums are so freaking high? It's just plain crazy!

Julie@Momspective said...

Ugh. My insurance is terrible. We pay out the nose and when we finally meet our deductible, I go nuts filling prescriptions and if I even have a runny nose, I'm at the doctor lol!

Steph said...

I would be doing the same thing!! After having to pay a crazy high deductible, you might as well get your money's worth!

Related Posts with Thumbnails