Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Random Tuesday Thoughts, Or How I Ramble For The Entire Post

randomtuesday

My sister and niece were visiting this weekend, which I will use as an excuse for the lack of posts in the past few days.  We had quite a nice visit and I wish it could have been longer.  It seems like we’re both so busy these days, my sister is a full time student and I’m quite poor at time management and follow through, so we don’t get together as often as we should considering she lives less than three hours away.  We traipsed all over the Puget Sound area, but my favorite stop was the Brown and Haley’s outlet in Tacoma. Brown and Haley are the makers of the scrumptious Almond Roca, among other tasty treats.  At the outlet you can buy the odds and ends that are not quite up to standard for a very reduced price.  I’m set on chocolate for a few weeks now.

I mentioned that my 5K was on Saturday, it went quite well.  I finished 364th out of over 1100 people. So, that’s pretty awesome.  My goal was to finish in under 38 minutes, and I accomplished that, with a time just under 35 minutes.  It was not as horrible as I was expecting, though it wasn’t easy.  I ran the entire thing, I didn’t puke during or afterward and I had a lot of fun.  Running with that many people is chaotic and loud and quite enjoyable.  I plan to do it again very soon, I need another race date to help keep me motivated.

It is snowing right now, and that makes me happy.  I don’t live on the east coast, so I doubt we will have the blizzard of the century, but a light dusting would be nice.  We do not actually get snow that often here, maybe for one week every year, and it shows when people try to drive in it.  I don’t mind driving in the snow too much since I grew up with the stuff, and a white Christmas would be quite enjoyable.

Speaking of Christmas, I can’t wait!  I am looking forward to watching Tysen as he unwraps his gifts and then playing with all the new toys and games.  I have had to test a couple of them, just to make sure they were age appropriate of course, not because I needed to amuse myself for a hour or so.  I am waiting on one last gift to arrive (thank you Amazon and your lightening deals!).  I managed to get everything wrapped yesterday, I know I was cutting it a bit close but I’m known to procrastinate. 

In case I forget to mention it in another post, I hope everyone had/has a wonderful Hanukkah and Christmas.

Photobucket

Related Posts with Thumbnails