Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Today Is D Day....errr, 5K Day



Today is the day, today I run 5K, or 3.1 miles for those non metric speakers. I'm excited and nervous and scared and joyful, I'm a bundle of nerves and energy. I cannot wait to get out there and see what I can do, but at the same time I am worried I will get about 10 feet and want to quit. I won't of course, that would be embarrassing.

I know it's not a marathon, or even a half marathon, but for me it is quite a big deal. I have been training for this for 10 weeks, and hopefully I am ready. I have joked that I will be carrying my cell phone, for when I am lying along the side of the road dying. But I don't think it will be that awful. I hope it won't be that awful.

I will have some wonderful friends and family there to offer encouragement and support, maybe laugh at me when I'm puking afterwards, but for the most part it will all be positive.

All I have left to say is Santa had better look out, 'cause I'm coming for him with my running shoes locked and loaded.


Photobucket
Related Posts with Thumbnails