Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, January 4, 2010

What I Did Not Do During My Winter Vacation

Today The Vacation comes to an end, the Hubs goes back the daily grind of teaching, little man goes back to daycare and I attempt to mentally prepare myself to return to work as well.  My vacation from work was nice and relaxing, we didn’t leave town, didn’t really have a reason to.  Just a lot of great quality time with the family.

You might have noticed the one thing I did not do during my vacation, and in the few days leading up to it.  No blogging, no cutesy little updates about me and the world that I inhabit.  Though I did think about it, a lot.  I’m going through a mid-blog crises.  I’m sort of at a loss regarding what I want to write about, how I want to write it, when I want to write it, even where I want to write it.  It’s sort of everything and nothing all at the same time. 

It’s a lot like buying a new car.  The first few days you love everything about it because it’s new and it’s yours.  After a couple weeks though, you start questioning the car and all of the features: should have gotten the beige interior instead of the black, spent the extra money for the sun roof, gotten the sedan and not the hatchback.  Maybe an SUV would have been a better choice.

Right now, I’m tired of the way my blog looks, where it’s being hosted and even what it is called.  I can’t really change much other than the layout right now, though I’m not sure I want to spend all that time.  And I could change my name and thus the address, but really, would the 3 peeps that I have reading right now really follow me somewhere new? 

I will figure it out, soon I hope.  And in the meantime, I’ll keep toiling away, posting whatever crazy or trivial thought pops into my brain…maybe I’ll give it a little more thought than that, but who knows.  I’m not sure I’ve given enough thought to this whole thing to begin with.

Photobucket

Related Posts with Thumbnails