Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, October 23, 2009

Feel Good Friday






Well, that might not be the best title, but it's the best I could do...I'll keep thinking on it, maybe I'll come up with something else. Anyway, moving on to the point of this post. It seems as though everything I read in the news is negative, and I am kind of tired of it. I'm hoping to do a weekly post on a story that makes me smile and forget, even for just a few minutes, that the world is not a very nice place.

I imagine there are a lot of positive stories out there, but most of them get very little publicity. Hopefully with this weekly feature we can all be exposed to the kindness and generosity most of the population has to offer.

The inaugural installment covers two topics that are near and dear to my heart: libraries and young people. For those who don't know, I work for one of the greatest libraries in the country, with some fantastic people. Libraries provide a great deal to the community and ask for very little in return. As for young people, I was actually young once many moons ago. As a teenager I often heard that my generation was lacking morals, lazy and would be the downfall of society. I was outraged by these comments, and when I hear them applied to today's teenagers I am again irritated. I know quite a few teenagers and most of them are kind, caring, good kids.

I hope this story from the Olympian about students from the small town of Roy, Washington, who refussed to accept that their library was closing brings you the same amount of happiness it brought me.

Photobucket

1 Awesome Comments:

The Little Miss said...

Im new to your blog and wanted to say hi :)
If you would like come check out my blog and enter my current giveaway at littlemissheirlooms.blogspot.com
I hope you decided to follow me because I try to bring my readers a new and AMAZING giveaway every Monday!
Xo
Priscila

Related Posts with Thumbnails